View Single Post
Old 11-08-2016, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarychef View Post
Good luck with that...getting that permit ain't easy. I tried when my bicep was detached and even that wasn't enough of a handicap.
I'm not expecting to get it. Only reason I got a crossbow in the first place was because I was just naive and Illinformed. Have a bad right shoulder and thought it would be the way to go. In the past year I edumacated myself and realized the restrictions on them, and went to the DR to make sure my shoulder could handle a bow. DR thinks it's either 1 of 2 things. Either after my first couple times blowing my cuff. I probably just found ways to not use it and compensated with other muscles leaving it weak. Or a tore muscle that never healed right. And a possibility of surgery. Who knows. I think it's the first. Which just means some good Physio and starting with a bow on low poundage. It will take a while to streghthen it I'm sure. But that's fine. Will be selling the crossbow most likely right after the primitive weapons hunt in Dec, If I go. Or more or less find some land to hunt on. I just wanna be out there for now. Then head up to a good bow shop in Calgary and get set up. Then practise like crazy for next season.