View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by npauls View Post
I have looked into the helly hansen rubber suits also while doing some research but from what I can tell is that most people sweat enough to make themselves be soaked and cold in the crappy weather.

I have a carhartt rubber rain coat that is very similar to the HH gear but I didn't like it at all.

I almost pulled the trigger on a full set of HH gear last year but held off for some reason that I can't remember now and never did end up getting anything.

Have you been out in the cold rainy weather with the HH suit? I am just wondering how it does in that cold clamy type of weather.
Cold clammy weather is no problem - this stuff is warm - but .... because it does not breathe it gets warm on those not too cool days and you might sweat (which will make you cold).

I will tell you, out in the driving rain all day - it will keep you dry .....It's all a trade off really ....

I do have a semi-waterproof - lol - jacket that I use in the summer when it's just spitting and usually wear the helly bib underneath so I don't cook.