View Single Post
Old 03-23-2015, 10:34 PM

I wanted to thank everyone for their replies and provide an update.
Although it took me a long time to start hunting in Alberta I can now honestly say that I love hunting here. There are tons of animals and many more species to hunt than Ontario. I can say that I have read the regs and do so every year on and before opening day. I keep a PDF copy on my phone as well as Ihunt App. The regs for what opens on what day in which WMU are challenging but have added to the experience because I never feel bored or stuck in one place. Throughout the season there are always new areas to explore that have not yet been hunted. Tags are not overly hard to come by and Whitetail are as plentiful as New York Cockroaches that scatter when the lights come on. There are many different hunting experiences to try here. I myself am a bush hunter and have enjoyed a lot of success. This year was a 7 animal year between 3 of us so we are very happy. The best part is the animals I didnt get which greatly outnumbered the ones I did and which I'm sure will be waiting for me in the future.
Good Luck Everyone.