View Single Post
Old 03-24-2015, 05:32 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolarBearSouth View Post
Hi, I moved here 14 years ago from Northern Ontario. For years now I have half avoided and half been shut out of the Alberta hunting experience. Maybe it was just laziness on my part that I was scared to learn the Alberta rules/regs because they were very different than what I know. I was and still am scared that I know enough to make me dangerous. Not to others or to wildlife LOL but dangerous to myself by how my actions fall within the law. People seem to have a loose understanding of the regs as they apply to the specific location and game they choose to hunt. This works for some people but it is very hard on newcomers. And we all know how many newcomers there are in Alberta. I don't know what the solution is but I hope that we all make it through the infancy period without losing our trucks/houses being fined or ****ing off the local farmers. Now I have acquired the will to learn and I'm taking baby steps but hope that others do the same and that those who really KNOW will help us and when necessary cut us some slack. Don't Judge Please. We don't want to be dangerous.
AO helps us but only if you KNOW exactly what to rules are before you post otherwise you are providing just enough knowledge to be dangerous.
Thanks
You do understand this is a forum, kinda like sitting around a camp fire, some good points, some out to lunch, some you agree with and some you don't but no way shape or form is this the law. Could,you imagine the chaos so that being said if you need legal advice on hunting , fishing or whatever than contact the appropriate authorities before you go out.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...