View Single Post
Old 11-21-2017, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IL Bar View Post
For those that have been reloading for a while what reloading setup would you recommend to a beginner if you had to start all over again? I’ve been looking for a kit myself just not sure how fancy a setup I should buy. RCBS has a decent rebate right now.
I'm partial to RCBS (press, dies, priming tool) but have a mix of brands if you looked at my reloading bench. With the kits, I think Lee/RCBS would serve you well but if it's real precision loading you're after, I'd be looking for something with a digital scale. I had a beam scale (Lee) but far preferred the repeatability/precision of the digital scale.

I was so unsure I even wanted to reload that I took a couple of years to gather-up everything I needed. Bought an RCBS "Partner" press and .223 die set for $75 total. Several months later, a Lyman digital scale with built-in trickler, a few months later an RCBS hand priming tool. A couple years later, a Lyman bench-top trimmer. A Lyman tumbler shortly after. All the bits and pcs. as I learned. The press is small, but I've successfully loaded up to .243 Win with it. I keep looking at the Rock Chucker press and while they're not that expensive..it's hard to justify it when my little Partner Press keeps doing such a good job.