Thread: Whitefish Tips
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuleyMonster View Post
Just wondering if you have an underwater camera? If so you will have better luck. I am no expert as I have only targetted them a few times and all at Forty Mile and Newell. Have not been able to find them in good numbers at Rattlesnake although I know they are in there. Neighbour went out beginning of December during their span and had a couple dozen come to the hole but nothing biting. Next day went to the same spot and not one fish

Camera helps as you can see right away if they are in the area but found best along the rocky dams and over weed beds up to 20 ft deep. Seems that the ones near the surface are more aggressive and will bite where as the ones cruising the bottom are just cruising. I would try along the big dame first and then maybe head out to the sunken islands. If anything you should find some pike by the islands if the white fish are not around.

Let us know how you make out as I would love to come and help search but cannot until this weekend. Promissed my kids Spruce Saturday but with this snow the gate may be locked again.
just a slight movement of a wireworm on an interested white will scare it off. i wouldn't suggest having a probe or camera down the hole when sightfishing for whites-- but that's my opinion . what does everyone else think.