View Single Post
Old 10-30-2014, 10:55 PM
Banned

Default advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuludog View Post
I may get flamed for this but here goes. If you have lots of bucks to choose from and you already got a deer why notg ivethe does a pass ? If you want more meat I'd take a young buck and save the does to help replenish the herd.
No worries, no flaming from me. I would really like to start taking only 4 1/2 yr old bucks and older out of this area to give some of the genetics of some of the nicer bucks that have been taken from around there the last couple years to mature into some really nice deer. Would prefer to get this place to a point where I could target one nice deer for a season or two for a while. Might be a dream but it doesn't hurt a guy to try. I'm sure guys will be all over this, but I'm not worried about the deer numbers around there that much. Between the farmed bails and the sqaures I bought for them last winter, the numbers a pretty good, and not just within a couple km like some guys might state. No, not listing WMU. There are a very good number of does, and I don't want to shoot a spiker or a 3x3 or 4x4 that might amount to something nice in 2-4yrs. We'll see what happens, just happy to get out and see how it goes. Thanks for the reply, cheers.