View Single Post
Old 01-20-2017, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xbolt7mm View Post
the op is as responsible for the illegal activities as the poachers if he needs to ask it on this site.

He did not take part in the illegal activities, he told his hunting companions they were being irresponsible and unethical and he has reported some of their illegal activity.

The hunt is now long over, and he is wondering if he should report something in the past for which there may be currently no evidence. Most people would understand its not easy to report your friends or family even when its the right thing. Jumping on him for asking for advice before he does something that could have serious consequences his hunting buddies and him is an ...... move.

To the OP: you've done the right thing so far, and in the right way. You did better than many would have. Sounds like some serious unethical hunting and poaching going on at this uncle's place, though. The right thing to do is to report it to a CO. If they look into it, and everything is by the book there will be no problem.

PS I'm a novice hunter myself, only 3 seasons and 2 deer under my belt plus helping my hunting partners with their kills.. Don't know where you hunt, but send me a PM if you're still looking for a hunting partner by next fall.

Last edited by catnthehat; 01-20-2017 at 08:26 PM.