View Single Post
Old 03-29-2020, 08:39 PM

Default 3-2-1 Rootbeer Ribs

Here's my first attempt at smoked ribs on the new pellet smoker.

Ribs were marinated overnight in A&W rootbeer. I had removed the membranes prior to soaking in rootbeer. They were then covered in Oakridge BBQ Dominator Sweet Rib Rub, back and front.

I preheated the smoker to 225°F with fruit wood pellets and smoked them for 3 hours. Here they are on;

and after 3 hours;

I then laid them meat side down on a bed of brown sugar, maple syrup and butter. To this I added a couple oz's of Cranberry Gingerale. They were then sealed and put back on the grill for 2 hours.

Here's what they looked like when I took them out of the foil.

The ribs then went back on the grill for another hour to get a good bark on them. I had coated them with bbq sauce right away and again at the 30 minute mark. Here they are at the 30 minute mark

and here they are right after I took them out. I covered them in tinfoil and let them rest for 15 minutes or so.

And finally, here's what the finished product looked like.

I can honestly say that these were the best ribs I've ever made and am extremely happy that we purchased a pellet grill. Before this, I did all my smoking in a Bradley smoker. The Bradley produced some terrific ribs, but nothing like the pellet grill does. For those wondering, it's a Green Mountain Grills Jim Bowie.