View Single Post
Old 01-16-2018, 07:10 PM

Ok, so all things considered I am going to just stick with the 5th wheel, I will just sell it in the spring.
If it was a diesel, I would have done the deal likely, then cursed repair costs lol. To be completely honest I am not sure why anyone would want to trade a unit that nice for a trailer, but I haven't been through the motorhome yet anyway.
I had thought that even if I didn't keep the motorhome for Rupert I might keep it just for personal use. I like the idea of using either of them for staying in at Rupert, both have their place.
Definately the 5th wheel would be more attractive to just leave there, far less chance of theft or vandalism, less to worry about.
Had I done the deal the motorhome would of course be nice to just have, but the truth is we don't camp.
The insurance is way higher, maintenance on the 5th wheel is really $0, where I know coaches are black holes for repairs.
Having never owned a big motorhome I really thought it would be nice for family, visitors, etc but the reason I sold my 35' fifth wheel is I never used it.
I really want to thank everyone, the insight and ideas were just awesome.
I absolutely appreciate it.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....