View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
Went down and checked it out this morning, at 9:30 I talked to the road crew supervisor and they were trying to get it cleaned out to the campground, he was hopeful they would have it done late today, but couldnt guarantee it. First time Ive seen them use a backhoe to clean the road, but its that bad in there. You can get across the dam but the road from there into the campground was terrible. From the look of the weather warning for the area they might be wasting their time cleaning the road. I almost hit the ditch a couple times on the way home with the sidegusts, Im thinking a few were likely over the 110 KM speed. Maybe they should postpone the derby for a week or something.

Summary
Local heavy snow and blowing snow tonight and Saturday. This is a warning that dangerous winter weather conditions are imminent or occurring in these regions. Monitor weather conditions...Listen for updated statements.

Details
A low pressure system currently over Northwestern Alberta will track into Southeastern Saskatchewan tonight. A strong northwesterly flow behind the low will produce heavy snow over the northern slopes and higher elevations of the Cypress Hills tonight and Saturday. Strong winds will also cause blowing snow with near zero visibilities at times. Precipitation will begin as rain this evening before changing to snow tonight adding to the hazardous conditions. Poor conditions are expected to continue into Saturday evening. Local snowfall totals could be as high as 20 to 30 centimetres by Sunday morning. Over Southwestern Alberta, strong westerly winds of 80 gusting to 110 km/h will continue off and on until this evening.
Good report. And yes they should so I can go next weekend.