View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 05:19 PM
Banned

The fact is baiting by land owners for the purpose of hunting in this province is far more common than anyone could emagine. Everything from oats to planting small areas of winter wheat to special runs of clover, alphalfa the list goes on. I am sure if they stopped the sale of these artificial baits it would have little effect on the situation. Why would a land owner pay for some fake crap that the deer don't like anyways instead of using what he already has. As far as the argument goes about whether it brings in big deer or not, do you guys not pay attention to most of the trail cam pics that are posted on these sites ? The majority of these pics are takin over baits, just pay attention. I don't know,, I see some pretty darn nice deer standing over piles of hay. If its allowed for pics why not hunting ? Just another one of those things I geuss. I bougjt myself 70 acres of land, 50 open, I am planning on working it over and putting in fresh alphalfa, and soon after a nice heated elavated blind,, am I baiting and as some would say unethical ?? I will let a local land owner take off the hay and bailes to keep it maintained, my own little hunting paridise for those cold Nov nights. No I will not hunt it exclusively but its going to be sweet to have. So am I unethical or brakeing the law ? Its happening over thousands of places in this province from what I can tell SRD could really care less.