View Single Post
Old 07-16-2019, 06:48 PM

One of the reasons brick and mortar stores are going under is because a savvy buyer can almost always find a better price online. With a little google foo on my phone from work, my couch, ice house or tree stand I can find what I want, have it shipped to my door and get the best price without having to deal with all the BS of driving around town “shopping”.
Amazon isn’t always the cheapest but it is “often enough” that I check it out when I’m looking for something. It’s also got free shipping and overnight delivery so it’s one of those places I check first when I’m in a hurry.
For fishing gear the fishing hole gets plenty of my business as well because it too has great prices and sends it straight to my door. I haven’t been in their store since the 80’s but I’ve bought plenty from them in the past year ONLY because of their website.

I’ve turned to fishing pelagics since we moved to Australia. Being as we are back in Canada for a couple weeks I’ve bought about $1500-2k worth of tackle in the past three days. Amazon has gotten most of my business this time because they do have great prices on what I need for most items. I think the fishing hole will probably sell me a new lowrance hds-12 carbon and Cabela’s will sell me a pair of electric Scottie’s but amazon has gotten the lions share of my business.