View Single Post
Old 09-15-2017, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddeerguy2015 View Post
So being an "outsider" - I'm not sure how entitled I am to throw in my two cents, but I'm going to anyways.

Being from Red Deer, we're right in the middle of both cities. The wife and I attend about 10 concerts a year, several games, etc.

Having been in Rogers several times now, and the Saddledome a few days ago.... I'll pick Rogers (and the city of Edmonton) every single time given the chance.

There are virtually zero lineups in Rogers compared with Scotiabank. As soon as you walk in the door - bam! Ice cold Coors light in your hand.

If you prefer to wait in lines for 20 mins for beer or concession - choose Calgary.

Acoustics are MUCH better in Rogers. Wouldn't have believed it if not hearing for myself.

So it's not "just" hockey. Calgary will be missing out from this out of towner and my spending cash. Food, drinks, transit, hotels, etc.

Cheers!
yikes! you are taking your 200$ away?..the saddledome wont miss it. 2 less rednecks with that deer in the headlights look on their faces...i wont miss that.

The new arena is coming.