View Single Post
Old 07-22-2018, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
Have DM, hinged, tube, yes on a bolt, and blind box mag. My go to rifle has a blind box mag. Never found any big advantage of one over the other. I can empty the blind mag or drop floor almost as fast as I can dump a DM and not loose any of the rounds. Only advantage of he DM is you can load it once, and it stays that way for the next 6 weeks and it is easy to carry a second DM rather than loose spare shells.

Have always bought at least one spare mag, usually 2, for every detachable I own, in 50 years, have never lost a single mag, but have made some REALLY good money selling the spare to guys that did. Think $300 for a Browning BLR mag that I bought for 20 with the gun or $425 for a Bruno mag.
About the least space efficient way of packing amo is in a DM. Being a guy who likes to carry minimal gear in as small of a pack as possible, even when I have a detatchable mag firearm I generally don't carry spare rounds in another mag.