View Single Post
Old 03-21-2024, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghfalls View Post
If you end up taking the Vernon-Nakusp-Revelstoke section of the trip, very close to the needles ferry there is an amazing free campground with clear warm water called Steven’s creek rec site. Highly recommend going there for a day or two. Then make sure you stop at halfway River hot springs as well. Super cool free natural hot spring on the bank of an icy cold clear mountain river. There’s a campground there as well that’s cheap, but would need to pre book. The hot springs are only a few hundred meters from the campground. If you’re up for a great hike that’s a bit challenging, but not crazy, the hike up to Conrad Kain Hut is also amazing, but it’s in the radium area. Also lussier hot springs is in that area which is another free beautiful, natural hot spring on the bank of an icy cold mountain river. I’ve got some pins of some other great free campsites in that area as well. Even though white swan is beautiful, it’s not my style. And gets booked up early.
That’s an awesome info! I drove this area half a dozen times and never knew about those!