View Single Post
Old 11-09-2017, 09:48 AM

Some guy is probably sitting at home looking at the giant set of antlers sitting next to his fireplace wondering what the story was behind who stuck an arrow in that deer. Believe it or not, not every hunter in Alberta is part of this forum and he probably has no idea of the crap storm going on here.

If I came along and found a long dead Monster Muley with a arrow sticking out of it I would cut the head off too. I’d feel bad for the hunter that lost it but I would more than likely not leave it. Why would I? The original hunter who shot it may never be back and even if he didn’t live hundreds of miles away the chances of him finding it after not finding it the day it was shot are slim.

I’d take them home and look at them just like I do the many sets of shed antlers I have. They would still tell a story and would have meaning to the person who found them. If I was lucky enough to find the original hunter who shot that buck I’d give them to him. In return I’d want a picture of myself, that skull and antlers, and the original hunter. I’d hang that picture up in my room and that too would be a cherished item and tell it’s own story.

The OP sounds like a solid guy. The person who found the skull/antlers probably is too. Crappy circumstances all around but I my mind no wrong has been done.

A thread that has gone the way this one has has probably done more harm than good in regards to the OP ever finding out who has the rack. I doubt anyone would speak up if they had the antlers for fear of repercussions. This story could have had a happy ending, but the Lynch mob mentality has probably prevented that from happening.