View Single Post
Old 11-11-2017, 11:37 AM

Hey everyone, I just want to add a quick update. I honestly thought I'd never see those antlers again! Well, thanks to the networking power of this Forum, and the absolutely unbelievable generosity of a complete stranger, I not only got to see the antlers, but they are now in my possession.

I didn't want to post anything on here until I was sure that everything was legal and that all the proper steps had been taken. But long story short is:

I was called by a gentleman who said he had the head in question. He said that they were rightfully mine if I killed the buck and that he would just give them to me if I wanted them. (I almost choked up when I heard that) I called my local warden (who I had been in contact with since Sept 2nd) and he told me to bring them in to the office.
Upon reviewing my footage, pictures, and story it was determined that I had legally killed that particular deer, with my bow, in a general archery season. I was able to use my unfolded tag to acquire proper ownership from the Crown.

I thought I was cursed this year, and was having the worst season of my entire life. In reality it was all just part of God's plan to teach me patience and persistence, and was the greatest hunting blessing of my entire life!

There are so many details and so many people that I need to thank, that I just don't have time to do it properly now. I will post pics once the head is back from being cleaned by TopNotch Taxidermy in Coaldale.

For now I just want to say thanks to everyone who took an interest in this thread and my story. Really it was that interest that triggered this remarkable sequence of events.

If you'd like to follow along with the rest of the story, or go back and catch up on the original details, please check out my Instagram @huntingjeep99