View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 11:46 AM

Quote:
As someone who camps most weekends at Maclean Creek in the campground I am definately ok with them trying to stop the random camping I would even be in favor of a pay to play box at the staging areas so that they can fix the damage caused by bikes quads and trucks. The RMDRA has been putting up signage indicating the proper trails for bikes quads and trucks yet some quadders feel the need to cut down trees on single track trails so they can go where the bikes go because they can no longer navigate the main trails because the holes are too deep. Take the campground for instance. They spent over 150K to re grade the campground trails and put in gates to keep trucks out yet somehow every weekend there is a truck that makes its way past the gate and is bombing around the campground trails.
There is always kids 2-3 on a quad riding back and forth through the mudholes which were blocked off by the grader leading to new ruts forming. This is leading to quad proofing trails with gates and bike wide ramps. When someone leaves their 5th wheel parked in the same spot from May 1st till after thanks giving right off the gravel pit road and than realizes that to get their trailer out they had to cut the gate open because they we unable to navigate the blockade rocks that were put in before the long weekend that person should be held accountable for the damages they caused.
The amount of damage caused by random campers not only to the fields where they leave piles of trash but when they decide that their quad with bogging tires would make some great you tube videos going back and forth in the same hole all weekend yet somehow the SRD look past it and let this activity continue because they are too short staffed to babysit every jimbob and nancy sweatpants with a beer coosie in one hand and a doobie in the other.

Rant over!
Yep.. I 100% Agree with this. PAY TO PLAY.

It costs a TON of money to fix/repair the damage that even the responsible riders cause. I grew up riding quads, and had a quad until around 2005. I got sick of the antics/rep that comes along with it. As much as I want to, I will not be getting my family back into quading. Sad really.

I personally think it should be run like a park (the gates part anyways). That way, anyone caught wrecking stuff is not allowed back in. Alot of the states are starting up similar things. It actually works pretty good. The ones I saw, had DIY garages available if you broke something, along with a dedicated "tow" truck on location to yank you out.