View Single Post
Old 11-16-2018, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadEyeGardner View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter_spec View Post
You are right about the sour grape. You see, what ****es me off the most is that I see people breaking the law everyday where I hunt. People shooting from vehicles, trespassing, shooting deer directly towards a house. And all these guys don’t get anything. I’m the kind of guy who sit in a blind all day at -20 and try to follow every rule out there, get permissions, I even lock my firearm as soon as I get in my vehicle to avoid any trouble. But in the end, the only thing that matters to these super troopers is their quota. Yea that’s right, all they want is to bring as many people as they can to court to justify their jobs. That’s the thing I have trouble with.

Woooow.

First of all, Scruffy has it right. If you’re witnessing poaching and people breaking the law, and you choose to not report it- then you are also part of the problem. Be part of the solution or just keep quiet and try to sleep at night.

Secondly, if you think that the F&W officers are just filling quotas, and you are sour that you got caught, you don’t sound like as ethical of a hunter as you make yourself out to be IMO. They have a tough job to do. If you don’t want to help them fill quotas then don’t break the law lol. Also don’t buy licenses and tags and be a hunter, which in turn helps pay their salaraies.

We all make mistakes. And sometimes we get caught. Getting caught usually makes sure we don’t make the same mistake. If we don’t get caught, it’s on us to Right our own wrongs and quite frankly most people will shrug it off and consider themselves lucky- then reoffend. Take your medicine, learn your lesson, move on. It’s all part of being a grown up.

Yes we make mistakes, we break the rules. I can take a hit trust me. But is it really reasonable to bring someone to court, seize their weapon. Try to take their hunting rights for 2 years, try to fine them 3000$ only because I let my dad driving the truck to the other side of the damn field and let him walk to his blind by himself? God damn, you guys talk like I’m the worst human being on earth.