View Single Post
Old 06-01-2008, 02:00 AM

I was at Tunkwa Lake just west of Kamloops a few weeks ago and I went out fishing with my friend Jody who works at the resort and the resort owner Paul. Well Jody hooks into a nice pound and a half rainbow trout. He gets it almost to the boat and a loon grabs the fish by the head. So Jody's got the fish on his line still and the loon's swimming away with the rainbow. Meanwhile I'm in the middle of the boat watching this all take place. The loon has his rainbow about 10 feet from the boat and I'll be damned if another loon doesn't grab the rainbow from the tail and both loons are swimming away with this fish which is still hooked onto Jody's line. They get about 20 feet away and the both let go of the fish. Jody finally lands the fish and it's just beat to crap. We got back to the dock at the lodge and another fisherman asks us if we caught anything. Before we could say anything Jody pikes up and says that he caught a 11 1/2 pounder. The guys eye's almost popped out of his head. Then Jody says. Ya, one rainbow 1 1/2 lbs and 2 - 4 1/2 pound loons.

I wish I had of snapped a picture of it. But we were laughing so hard we didn't even think of grabbing a camera.

Rob