View Single Post
Old 10-03-2015, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack&7 View Post
That is awesome, Immigrant!

What are the details? dimensions, build time, rough cost to build, etc. (if you don't mind sharing)
I built it 12x20 with a 8 foot deck, on skids so I can move it if I ever have to. I should have gone 12x28 to have room for a "private" bedroom for not much more $.But current dimensions are ok.It fits everything I need to be comfortable. The build time took me just about all summer (But i work shift and took some vacation in between as well) I got a friend to help with the framing but it was all me after that. I never built something like this so it was a lot of "how to videos" on youtube. It is a bit of an overkill with insulation, trim etc. but I wanted it to last a long time - a place to build some memories with the kids.
I also wired in an inverter with a quiet (inverter) generator charging the batteries. The generator, inverter, wiring, batteries etc probably added $2000 to the cost but solar panels did not get enough sun to charge the batteries.
I think I am about $12,000 all in, the stove and the tin roof being the most expensive part of the build.
The best part of it is the kids love it. it was a big surprise for them