View Single Post
Old 08-07-2022, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty S View Post
On my way home from Manitoba I encountered a Sask fish cop boat check stop. Interestingly, at the same time a truck with Alberta plates was in front of me and even more interestingly the guy had two kayaks in his truck bed and to top it all off, he ignored both the sign that said all watercraft, canoe, kayaks must be inspected and ignored the whole weigh station check stop.

Eventually the fish cops gave pursuit and pulled the guy over. Seemed like quite the comical chain of events. Two fish cops jump out of their truck, a likely boring day turned into an action adventure.

We didnt hang around long enough to see if there was any gunfire exchange.

So question…. What kinda fines would a guy like that be facing? What about other boat check stop fines?

What are the ins and outs of the boat stop check stop visit? Like the dos and donts of a successful visit, successful for the boat owner, not the action seeking officers!
One of the last boat inspections I stopped for (with a kayak) I asked the two 20 year olds what they were going to do about that guy, and pointed to a truck and canoe not stopping. They told me it was illegal not to stop. I rolled my eyes.