View Single Post
Old 08-08-2022, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty S View Post
So at the sask border stop i encountered the other day, there was an authentic fishcop with authentic fish cop truck when buddy blew by. So buddy not getted far. But when i pass Alberta boat inspection sites i generally see one plain AB govt marked truck but no lights, likely no officer, so if people don’t stop, then what happens? Are the RCMP called? DOT? F&W or whatever we call them today?
AB Watercraft Inspection Stations.

I forget the terminology applied to watercraft that don't report for inspections...

The only thing that the inspectors do is record the event for statistical purposes. They do not record tags, but do record vehicle/watercraft identifying information. Again this is just for statistical purposes and not to hunt down violators, no agency is called for enforcement.

Fish & Wildlife and CO's collaborate with watercraft inspection stations in AB and often hang out at inspection stations for the purpose of enforcement/bringing in those who fail to stop. You could expect F&W/CO's to be present at stations during peak periods of travel but very infrequently at other times.

In BC, watercraft that do not stop are reported to the RAPP hotline. The same should be done in AB, but it isn't.