Thread: Travers Closure
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntsfurfish View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntsfurfish
There was no conflict of interest. Brian was working on protecting the fish for walleyes unlimited. The arm was shut down in the first place by their work.

As president of SAWT he and other presidents have had tournments on Travers which included all open waters.

It would have been a conflict of interest had he not had the tournaments there! More info has come to light in the last year or so which influenced the changes for this year. I suspect that SAWT will follow the rules this year as well! And I believe Brian has lobbied for the changes for this year as well.
And I bet it could have been closed earlier if SAWT had made it off limites for their tournaments it would have shown SRD that even fishing groups were in favor of the closer to help the fishery.I don't see how the SAWT can't follow the rules this year like every one else. You know there is a saying that rings very true "A BAD VOLUNTEER IS WORSE THEN NO VOLUNTEER" think about it.

You would probably lose that bet then. The later spawning/staging just occurred the last 2 years. Not all changes are going to be as quick as you demand! Information comes in from the tournaments as well, not just weekend sport fisherman. Its easy for you to sit back and criticize and stir. SAWT has been a leader and innovator in Tournament fishing and “being better for and wellbeing of the walleye”. Many trails have since adopted methods we started. An example would be on the water measurements and release rather than transport back to a fixed weight station. I believe much of the SRD recommendations on tournaments were adopted from us. Info is collected in the form of catch rates and other studies. I will go through my other posts on here and try to simplify them so you might understand. Hope this helps! (I hate typing). I can talk about it better than I can type it.

Does anyone else not understand what Im trying to say? Or is it just horse and I think Mofugger?
if horseshoe was the president of wu and knew or even suspected the problem of fishing pressure on spawning fish in clearly one of the biggest spawning areas on a body of water then to me his biggest commitment is to the fish giving birth and not the total at the weigh boat in a sawt tourney. you can tell me till your blue in the face on how sawt does all this good for the fish, but plain and simple they knew the problem, and continued to harass these fish.