View Single Post
Old 04-16-2017, 08:18 AM

It's a waste of time going back and forth with you on this forum but I'll entertain you a little more. Just so don't think or say I'm running away when I stop commenting on here.

I invite you to get out from behind the computer and really get involved like I have. When you say you have the facts where did you get them? By talking to people involved or reading them? Sometimes when people read they don't get the whole story or fully comprehend what is written. Some people start to think they know everything about a subject but most times it's a ill informed option. Some start to think everything is a conspiracy..... I'm sure there is a test online somewhere for that.

The ATA is mandated to teach the standard trapping course by the GoA. They could do it by only having a course available in one or two locations a few times a year in which the person would have to travel to or they can be a travelling education provider which can and does cover the entire province. Go to the ATA website there are courses everywhere from Fort Chip to Black Diamond. They provide manuals, instructors, presenting equipment and nice animals for skinning. There is office staff to coordinate the courses, track students, answer questions and to send out certificates to the successful students. There is expenses such as fuel, rooms, food, insurance and the list goes on. That is why the cost is what it is. Not because it's a money grab but because Alberta has one of the best courses out there and will travel to any group of people wanting to take the course.

Now to answer your question I think the price is far because of all the things I listed above! ☝️☝️☝️ End of story