View Single Post
Old 11-10-2017, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pa_of_6 View Post
The free monthly plan sounds interesting.
100 pics a month free...can you trigger it from your phone to take a pic.
One pic a day to check the gate would be great!
I have a spypoint link 4G. It only send pictures on motion detection or at a pre set intervals (30 seconds to 1 hour apart). It would be nice if you could trigger it to take a pic but you can't.

You need GOOD cell service for this camera to work reliably. You need 3 bars of service. I had mine in an area that had 2 bars. My phone worked fine but the camera would not work. I talked at length to spypoint about this and the bottom line is you need a certain level of signal strength for the thing to work reliably and that is 3 out of 5 bars. If you don't have that at the location don't bother.

Last e-mail from spypoint:
My engineer just told me that the best possible signal strength is -53 DBM’s. Your signal of -43 DBM’s is a result of the camera displaying false information as a result of the poor quality of the signal. Anything lower is a result of the camera not recognizing the exact signal strength (as a result of the signal quality being too poor). Your signal strength seems to vary between -98 and -100 DBM in the locations where the camera is unable to send the photos. It’s a matter of setting up the camera somewhere where it will get between 60 and 90 DBM’s in the “network test” mode. Doing so should then allow the camera to record and transmit photos normally.

You will need to get the 12V battery adapter and run it off a car sized battery. The AA's only last 2 weeks max (depending on your settings).

Good luck