View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 02:29 PM

Buying a bow is like buying shoes, what works for or fits well for one person might not work as well for the next. That being said I would head to a good bow shop and try out some bows. They will be able to give you some shooting pointers and good advice on gear.

As long as the bow is in good shape you can't really go wrong with most bo so these days. An entry level bow now would be top of the line 10 years ago.

As a new shooter don't get caught up in the quest for speed. In the end it's still a bow not a rifle and will be "slow". I would look for the following things in a bow:

Larger brace height, this should make it more forgiving of errors in form.

A longer ATA aka overall length, usually means a more stable bow and easier to hold on target.

A quiet bow with no shock or vibration when shooting.

A bow that is smooth, the guys at the store can explain it. Essentially easier to pull, all bows of the same weight don't feel alike.

A super solid back wall. This will help form (accuracy) and make holding at full draw easier.

Save some money in the budget for a GOOD release, sight, quiver, arrows, wax, case and a target.

Let us know what you ended up with. Welcome to the addiction. 😀😀
The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.- Finn Aagard