View Single Post
Old 06-21-2017, 08:06 AM
AO Sponsor

I don't buy fish but I see them sell "fresh" Chinook at Costco every once in a while, could come from AK tho too, along with th king crab legs they sell there as well. There'll be some fish monger standing there and the fish I see all in this fancy glass box, then you don't see him for months. Most likely th "fresh" in Alberta means freshly thawed.

Skeena... my speculation is that they are speculating too much on the run size and they don't know. So they will start with the full closure, the poor "white guys" (like me, even tho I've never got a sunburn in my life) miss the best part of the Chinook season and as th numbers of sockeye show up, the likelihood of a sport season on the sockeye increases, probably one fish to start.

Why is it that our Americans don't ever have to put up with salmon closures so the natives can kill everything? I think the sport and commercial people need to take the government to court and defeat this native commercial harvest that is under the guise of personal, ceremonial, and or religious purpose harvest and get it to a true personal, LIMITED/REGULATED native harvest whereby they allow the natives a reasonable, personal, regulated harvest, and closely monitored/policed/enforced.

Ideally I would like to see equality for all Canadians, but that is not possible in this great land, so at least get this wildlife consumption abuse problem dealt with ASAP. There's only one way to do it, and it would take $$$$ and the courts to do it. Surely our law isn't that lame that it couldn't be done?

Surely we could raise millions of $$$$ to see this through and get it done?