View Single Post
Old 06-25-2017, 09:44 PM

Tfng - I've experienced different types of wear as I've been experimenting with different PSI. I've experienced exactly that where the centre is worn, but outside good which was obviously over inflation. But I've also experienced wearing down the centre, so I assume that's under inflation. I've experienced different wear on each tire and not sure if that's caused from more weight distributed on one side of the boat or not. Maybe my problem is more than just the tires ... however the trailer was new when I bought it 5 years ago and I had this problem from the beginning so I'd hope the axle would be good.

EZM - Radials definitely might be my next purchase.

cube - I just threw out those numbers - those aren't actuals. I don't have the boat here at home to check the actual numbers ... but I'd be willing to bet that the total load is quite light compared to capacity. My boat is a large tinner weighing in at around 500 lbs and the motor is under 300 lbs. I have no trolling motor, no batteries, so am fairly certain that I'm well under the weight limit.

How many miles/km should a guy be getting out of tires? I'm on my 5th year with this setup and I've replaced the tires twice. My typical km in a year would probably be around 3,000 and even that may be high. I do run on some gravel too if that makes a difference.