View Single Post
Old 06-25-2017, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Schnizz View Post

How many miles/km should a guy be getting out of tires? I'm on my 5th year with this setup and I've replaced the tires twice. My typical km in a year would probably be around 3,000 and even that may be high. I do run on some gravel too if that makes a difference.
hmmmmm .... If you have replaced the tires twice (in 5 years) and figure you are doing 3000 km per year (total of 15,000 km) there is something not right there.That's like tires every 6,000 or 7,000 km - that sounds like you are burning through rubber pretty fast to me.

My boat/trailer is a 2013 and I just replaced my first set of tires last year - but I'm doing double the km's (easy) and doing lots of gravel.

I know radials will wear better - but not 5 times better ......

I'd maybe check the axles, alignment or something there to see what's going on. Maybe also scale up your trailer and see what it weighs compared to your tire/trailer.

It just doesn't sound right to me. How are they wearing? even, inboard, outboard, the same on both sides? Maybe that might be a good place to try and research what might be going on.