Thread: Out Shopping
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2020, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
The vast majority of shoppers that I see, are not wearing masks. I really don't care whether they wear masks or not , I try to maintain social distancing. Then again, it seems so stupid to see all of those thousands of idiots standing shoulder to shoulder protesting, while the rest of us make an effort to maintain social distancing. And then we see the idiots like Tam and Trudeau not condemning the protests, or making any effort to stop it, yet still telling us how important social distancing is. I guess we will soon see how important social distancing is, when we see if there is a huge spike in covid cases, as a result of the protests.
I do my best to maintain 2 m distance, even though there are lots of people that make it difficult. I don't know why they don't care about my health or theirs when the distancing would be so easy.

As far as masks go, even though I try to wash or sanitize my hands often, I like the reassurance that asymptomatic individuals are not depositing viruses on surfaces or objects that I am going to touch.

I certainly agree that it is the height of hypocrisy for our leaders to tell us to distance and restrict the size of groups, and then not criticize protesters for violating the various guidelines. I think it shows that some things may not be criticized, or even scrutinized, in our current political climate. Is free speech dead, Stockwell Day?