View Single Post
Old 09-26-2022, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3blade View Post
I’ve seen a nocturnal paranoid 2 year old 6 point…some are just wired that way. Funny enough the property was exactly as you described. Far as I know, he never got shot.

Most will move more during the rut, but who knows which way they will go. I had every target buck that went dark last sept, on cam in daylight in November. At completely random times, and always with the wrong wind for that stand. Think they knew where I was?

On the other question…I dunno if that’s a target buck so to speak…it’s a nice buck but nothing out of the ordinary. I don’t subscribe to upgrading slowly, “bigger than last year” “bigger than my biggest” or whatever else you call it. To me there’s BIG bucks, and other deer. Freezer gets the say in which one I’m hunting. I wouldn’t worry about that one deer, go try to hunt him and if you screw it up don’t worry about it, just shoot another one.
For sure, this buck is no where near the size of the past 2 deer i have harvested with a rifle. Archery is new to me so I’d be happy to harvest any mature deer with a bow. This just happens to be the best one I’ve seen on camera on this property to far. The past couple days I have been getting no pictures of deer but a single black bear every day at the same time. Makes me wonder if I should be hunting that instead haha, only problem is I have no idea what to do with it after I harvest it…..