View Single Post
Old 04-24-2018, 06:35 AM

Default Son got his learners now what

My 20yr old daughter just got her licence almost 2 weeks ago. I paid $600 for classroom lessons and 10hrs on the road with the instructor as I did not want to teach her my bad habits. After having completed 8 of 10 hrs with the instructor I took her out for a couple of hrs and we just drove around I offered a few instructions and pointed out a few errors. Mon night Tue night practise Wed night she went for her last 2 hrs with the instructor at the end of the lesson she went for a road test & failed due to legitimate errors impeding traffic and driving too fast! Thur another 2hrs of driving time then to the registry for a road test another failure due to her difficulty backing out of a angled parking stall the tester told me she did everything right once she was out on the road ? Out to the car daughter in tears I reassured her that she can do this back inside to schedule & pay for a 3rd test. Fri 13th 15 minute not 30 minute road test with the same instructor as Thur night, car comes back into the parking lot they sit in the car sit for a few minutes finally they came inside my daughter with a smile she passed! All in all she had around 20hrs of driving time 10 with the instructor some with me and some with my wife! Now to motivate the 18yr old son! I am not going to miss chauffeuring my daughter around but fr safety reasons I would do it all again.