Thread: Wolf Poisoning
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2019, 09:45 PM

I dunno how much truth there is to poisoning Whitecourt area,but I live northeast of Whitecourt towards Fort Assiniboine and I’m having a helluva time finding any coyotes lately.
I’ve called around 12-15(?) stands last couple weeks and not a single dog down.
This morn I finished night shift in Whitecourt around 10am and cruised 30-40 miles of range and township roads on my way home on fresh snow from last night and seen exactly ONE fresh set of yote tracks.I was surmising this morn that maybe a local trapper has laid a hurtin on the yotes,as in snared every Freakin one of em within a 20 mile radius of my house.....argggg!!
Mind you this bitter cold last week I think has kept the critter movement subdued as I’m not seeing a whole lot of tracks of any kind really,but relatively mild last night(-12C) and I did see some lynx and Fox tracks in last night on our haul road so I figgered maybe everything is probably getting hungry now and would be a great scouting morning on the drive home but seems the yotes are pretty scarce from what I’m (not) seeing.?

Last edited by West O'5; 01-10-2019 at 09:52 PM.