Thread: Planer Boards
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobalong View Post
Doing it wrong.......retrieving it 6 or 7 times is a lot of work? lol carry on
Fill your boots then .... if you want to fight pulling in a larger planner board, 100-200 feet on the outside of your boat while moving forward you are going to work, possibly tangle and wreck a mast/reel or board. At least you don't have to re-set all your other gear.

You realise these big boards pull really really hard and will easily pull or steer a 18 to 20 ft boat if you only have one out on one side.

On the other hand, I guess you can stop everything and pull it in and carry on after re connecting, letting the line out, and re-starting the boat to reset you troll hey - have at er'

Just seems pretty ridiculous doesn't it?

You are going to loose 5-10 minutes minimum every time you do that. Do that a dozen times and whiz away an hour and a half if you like. Your choice.

Why wouldn't an intelligent guy like yourself just do it properly and logically like the thousands of other guys out there that are doing it correctly???

Leave the board out and planner line out, keep moving, and send another hanger and release down the line ...... takes seconds.

You can't tell me the thousands of guys out there running big water with boards are all doing it wrong can you? I don't ever recall EVER seeing anyone retrieve a board every time you trip a hit.

You can't rationalise this argument. Sorry. Makes no sense. Leave the board out and send another hanger and release down the line. Easy Peasy.

Last edited by EZM; 04-21-2017 at 09:12 PM.