Thread: Planer Boards
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2017, 06:02 AM
Banned

Default 39.2 degrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
I'm jealous - you better show us some fish so we can live vicariously through you !!!

If you are not getting bites, and looking for Rainbows - speed it up. 1.5mph is great for lakers, usually slow for bows - but you might get a few bulls.
This last week the colder water on the surface that used to be at 38.1 deg F warmed up above 39.2 deg and sunk towards the bottom of the lake so the spring turnover has initiated. Funny how any water warmer than 39.2 degrees is actually denser than the colder water below 39.2 degrees F.

Lake is in turmoil for the moment so rotten fishing.

Now to wait about a week for that thermocline layering to develop and troll with the board. With only one board out I do not notice much pulling to one side as the rope is attached about two feet behind the driver up high on a very very deep vee twenty footer.
Multiple sends down the line is the way to go. I use the dogbones from a mountain climbing shop for that. No metal. Smooth slide. Never retrieve the board.

The triple panel planing board was so easy to make and the site on the first post is from rough water country on the eastern seaboard.

I just used plywood. 3/4 inch thick.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1423.jpg (31.8 KB, 38 views)

Last edited by Mangosteen; 04-22-2017 at 06:23 AM.