View Single Post
Old 11-22-2017, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick284 View Post
Yup I'm using them now too.

First it was because I was gifted a Havalon. They sure are sharp, but man are they delicate, nick a bone and it's dull. Then there's the nightmare changing one of them, I won't do it without a multi-tool(I see that Havalon has a tool now).

Then I bought an Outdoor Edge model, just cuz the price was right. Maybe not as sharp as the Havalon, but way more rohbust, and blade changes are a breeze.

The only take away I have with both models is safely disposing of the blades.

For the money they are a win.
You don't have to have a sharpener, which I still do.....
They aren't a butcher knife, so if you wanna try breaking a critter down with one, enjoy yourself.
Great starting point for the beginner, but may I recommend a knit Kevlar gloves, as there is the inevitable cuts and knicks that will happen.
Where did you get them and do you consider them to be sufficiently tactile enough to use a knife handily? I guess you must considering that you use them but I had a brief look on the interweb and they look bulky. I'm probably not looking at the same gloves you have. I am interested though I'm nursing a trigger finger knife cut that I got 5 stitches in a couple months ago and it's not the same finger any more.