View Single Post
Old 11-22-2017, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNP View Post
How did the Cutco work out for you? I have had two and won't be going in that direction again. Don't use it for prying/dismembering knee joints or deflecting the blade on anything. The blade will warp/bend or even chip I used the warranty to get a replacement after one chipped and the new one now looks like a serrated blade with all the bends in it after dismembering an animal.
I bought the following Cutco hunting knife:

https://www.cutco.com/products/produ...11az2jeguixy9k

It worked OK and is quite sharp but I prefer the clip point (my Uncle Henry) over the drop point (the Cutco). What I disliked the most about it was the formed handle. It works ok when you're say, skinning, and you're edge down all the time. But when I'm field dressing an animal my blade is edge up most of the time so that formed grip actually makes it harder to hold onto. That's why I put the antler on my Uncle Henry, so it fits my hand perfectly either way (edge up or down)

If I were buying a Cutco hunting knife again, I would buy the straight edge, not the "Double-D" I would also go clip point, not drop. But, short of doing something horrible to my Uncle Henry, or losing it, I'll keep using it as it has a good handle and just works so well for me.
I am the captain of my soul.

***William Henley***