View Single Post
Old 11-28-2017, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
I took 90% of this deer apart with a havalon. I could have done it all. I also know what a good knife is and how to sharpen one. I had a razor sharp Ingram knife in my pack as well. If you are rammy and ham fisted you may have problems.

Didn't need to know about your sex life!

No doubt they work and many people really like them. In a nice scenario like pictured (slightly cool weather, clean mule deer, nice grassy meadow) yeah you can play around getting your animal caped and butchered. Now if you flip the script where you have 20+ degree weather a bull elk or moose that has been wallowing and has some nice muddy sandy legs, 3/8" tough as nails neck hide an a km pack out.....time is of the essence I don't have time to take an extra 45 min getting an animal out of the bush because I had to play around with a little flimsy knife that doesn't stay sharp.
To me a small nice like a havalon serves absolutely no advantage over a quality fixed blade like your ingram or what I am use to using so tell me why did you use a havalon if you had something superior to use?
Do you use a 2 blade disposable razor to shave instead of a quality 4 blade when you have both?