View Single Post
Old 12-14-2017, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brslk View Post
Can you or anyone tell me why every time weed is even mentioned, someone has to bring up that they think it's better for you, safer or otherwise better than alcohol?
They have nothing to do with each other.

I've never seen anyone in favor of deregulating alcohol even mention weed.

I don't drink or smoke anymore but every time weed is mentioned someone has to say something like "no one ever does anything bad after smoking pot"

I and my friends that drank never got violent because of it.

Violent people will be violent sober, drunk or stoned.
To be fair...alcohol can metabolize differently in certain people and cause a very bad change in personality.

I know a guy...nice guy. Not mean but friendly even if kinda shy. After 4 beers he can't stop drinking and just looking at him can cause him to want to fight you. Very violent drinker. Had to stop for his own safety and that of others.

Pot can cause you to make bad life choices also. Just not fighting from what I have seen. Can kill someone if under the influence around machines. Definitely. Impaired motor and brain functions...big concern. I see people mistaken asking slow or stupid to being safe. That is a concern.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin