View Single Post
Old 01-01-2022, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rena0040 View Post
Finally got out on the lake today. Sad to see not a single perch over 6 inches caught, all summer everything I caught was 7-9 inches, not sure what happened. On the positive side, I caught my first brookie out of the lake after three years of looking for them. Also, i was super shocked to see an 18 inch rainbow take a few swipes at a 4 inch perch I was reeling in, hopefully a few of them are actually hunting those little guys, I would have never thought a rainbow would eat a perch.
Surprised to see less than a foot of ice as well after all this cold.
It’s interesting the ice is 10.5 to 11 inch where I drilled. I will be out tomorrow. Lots of small perch again but the bigger perch are still around. Just need to find the larger sized schools.

Did you catch any browns?

I find chopping the tiny perch up at the end of the day and watching them sink and get eaten by trout is interesting. Need to cut the dorsal spines off. The perch and trout will eat the small pieces off the bottom.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin