Thread: Worldviews
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avb3 View Post
Most have never read the whole thing, nor studied concordances of the whole. Their "knowledge" is based on oft repeated readings by priests/preachers and internet searches.

Hardly an indepth knowledge, isn't it?

As the Pew Forum study shows, and I quote from the executive summary,
"Atheists and agnostics, Jews and Mormons are among the highest-scoring groups on a new survey of religious knowledge, outperforming evangelical Protestants, mainline Protestants and Catholics on questions about the core teachings, history and leading figures of major world religions."
Perhaps if apologists were more knowledgeable about what they are proselytizing about, one could take them more serious.

It is only when anyone else suggests there are contradictory inclusions in the bible, that your argument of "your talking it out of context" comes up.
Using your method of argument....by what Historical or emperical means of science can you prove that most have never read the whole thing. Have you spoke to all the Chrisitans? Did you actually see in this in some factual form this or do you just believe this?

And who is to say that everyone who confesses to be a Christian is one? I know from my from my Studies in Sociology about 20yrs ago, I read an article that indicated that about 80% or more of religions in the world were Chrisitan. I'm guessing this included Catholics, Mormons, Jehovah Witness...etc. Yet I read this somewhere "Many are called, but few are chosen" and "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom" Few not many.

However, only God knows these few and the motives of their heart. Yet this world tries to portray many. Why is that?

Last edited by 30Cal; 02-11-2012 at 05:09 PM.