Thread: Worldviews
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30Cal View Post
I believe it was Plato that said that the unseen chair is the real chair for the real chair is a manifestation of ones consciousness in which the real chair existed (I trust avb3 to correct me if I’m wrong). Like wise the Bible would be considered by the believer as the manifestation of God’s word, presented through his creation as His spirit revealed it. Therefore revealing the mind of God. So in retrospect it becomes Real Evidence because it has it has been manifested in the Physical plan. This would likely explain what was meant by the Biblical verse in Rom 1:20 “For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.”

In respect to who is practicing paganism, you would have to be more specific as this relates to the judgments of your own experiences.
Plato was a great thinker and philospher, but again, just a man.
I believe, from my studies of Plato and his mentor Socrates, that the metaphysical theories put fourth by both, are far more literal in meaning than you have posted.

What you have failed to address is that Socrates and Plato's theories of metaphysics are universal. To subscribe to your interpreattion that the bible is a physical manifestation, also means that everythinhg within it, written and witnessed, were also physical manifestations of what is real,..

Your arguement for the Bible existing as evidence of God, based on Socrates or Platos theory, is a circular arguement, and not valid.

There is no religion that believes in a god, that can provide a valid arguement, unless that arguement is based in pragmatism.