View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KN12313 View Post
About a months ago I ran into a couple of native gentlemen at the Petro in Slave Lake. When I was fueling up, I noticed a 1/2 ton across from me, it had its entire box full of bagged fish. I walked over to have a look, every bag had two head, tailed and gutted fresh walleye in each bag.

Just then the two native gentlemen arrived at their truck. I said "wow thats a lot of walleye" and one of them said yeah over 800. Then the other asked if I would like to buy some for "CASH". I said no thank you, but I did ask where they had got the walleye and one said "netted em outta Utikuma".

I don't fish Utikuma, but I would be some "POed" if I did. And it is probably happening at other lakes that have 0 or minimun catch limits.

No sure if this what subsitance fishing looks like, but it looked to me (imho) more like commercial fishing and if this is commercial fishing, why are they allowed to rape lakes. As recreational fisherpeople, we send ten time as much money as commercial enterprises, there are 10000 times as many rec. fishers as there are comm fishers, we support more working people. Commercial fishing this needs to stop, and put limits on subsitance fishing.

Sorry just my rant.

They tried to sell you fish?I assume you immedietly took their plate number and phoned fish and wildlife?