View Single Post
Old 05-19-2014, 02:54 PM

I go out to Ucluelet every year and Here are my recommendations. Of course I assume that you are going on a salmon and halibut charter with the Canadian Princess. But I would also highly highly recommend going on their bottom fishing charter if you have time in your days. It is really exciting because you never know what you are going to pull up. You can catch over 12 types of rockfish, lingcod, halibut, cabezon, and there is always a chance at salmon on it too.

My one recommendation is also to bring medium size glow in the dark jig bodies to hook onto one of the trebles on the hooks that they supple when bottom fishing. This has always doubled the number of fish that I catch compared to the others on the boat.

For motion sickness take Gravol and also grab some sea bands. They go around your wrists and really help with sea sickness when used properly.

You will love it out there. It is great out there. If you get time try to go walk around the wild pacific trail. It is great! Good luck and tight lines!