View Single Post
Old 11-22-2020, 04:37 PM
Banned

Agree with all you just said. Even with someone seeking confirmation or support. My confirmations are in the freezer and I need, or ask for, zero support. The cartridge is largely unheard of here, well it was.

Much like sticking up for the little guys, or bring people up to speed on something new. The 6.5 Creedmoor was met with all kinds of resistance in lots of places including here ...that’s what this has been. It’s an awesome cartridge, arguably the most versatile and efficient use of 30 grains of powder period, which is about the same as a 30-30.

Throwing modern design and bullets around that amount of powder is all this is. An educational experience. 30-30 released in 1895, 6.5 Grendel in 2004, 109 years apart. 30-30 effective range 150-200 yards, 6.5 Grendel triple that, and so it should after 109 years. Obviously it would be up to the shooter to be able to extract whatever from whatever but the potential is there for however much you’d like to extract as with all tools a wingnut may want to run.

We all have things we fall for, champion, or stand up for. Lots of resistance on this forum to the latest round of modern cartridges, most 6.5’s of some variant. I think 3 years of education is enough, I will carry on knowing it will do anything I will ask of it here in Alberta.

Tried to be entertaining as well as informative and I will still definitely tease about it from time to time.

Is it the best thing since sliced bread? No. It’s close but no. The most versatile cartridges for Alberta big game would start at 260 rem, 6.5 cm, 7-08 on the small end, 308, 270, 280, 30-06, 7 rem mag as my recommendations. I like 6.5 cm and .270 win most. Factory ammo is part of it but the rest in ballistics. Hand loaders and custom rifle guys can make almost any cartridge infinitely more versatile. Is the 6.5 Grendel a solid choice for lighter recoiling option where the .243 has been the go to for ages? Yup, it can do what factory loaded .243 can do, most anything we need inside 300 yards and it does it on a smaller platform.

Hope y’all enjoyed. Just gonna keep on doing our part, it makes doing our part super easy so no excuses should it not go our way one day, can only blame the shooter.