View Single Post
Old 02-19-2020, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colroggal View Post
So I just ordered a shiny new CZ.452 American (lefty - Prophet River still has a couple more if anyone is interested). I'm going to be mounting a Leupold vx3 4.5-14×40 with tip-off rings. My question, and I'm hoping someone out in AO world has something similar, is do you think I can get away with medium height rings, or should I get the high ones? I was looking at weaver grand slams.

Other suggestions are welcome of course. I would like to get a weaver/pic rail, but my frustrating Google search has lead me to believe such a thing is carved from the shin bones of pink Unicorns. No one has one.

Thanks

Colin
So first off the American has no iron sights so tipoff or quick detach rings serve no purpose. Second, are you planning to use the built in grooves. The issue with ca is clearance of the bolt handle to the rear lenses housing and magnification ring. With the Leipold and mounted on the grooves, Leupold brand med rings will work fine. Putting a weaver moa rail will give u no advantage unless you are trying to shoot over 200 yards. I would suggest a mil dot reticle. Makes holdovers way easier past 100.

You can get weaver bases that mount to the grooves then use weaver pic type rings but again I see no advantage to having one more component in the system.