View Single Post
Old 11-10-2017, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
I was refused permission once this fall because the landowner doesn't allow hunting on his property, and once because someone else was given permission a few days before me. I have asked by phone when I couldn't locate the landowners home on my map, but I prefer to ask in person. By asking in person the landowner gets to see who you are, and gets to see what kind of attitude you have, which can make the him more comfortable about granting permission. As well , since I am the person asking for something, I should be the one making all of the effort towards getting permission. The landowner should not have to go out of his way to do me a favor, so I don't expect him to be calling a complete stranger to grant permission.

I would always ask in person also shows a bit more respect. Or if for what ever reason I did get permission over the phone I would go meet the people face to face before I did any hunting. And as always a pack of steaks or two and some jerky from the kill after the season is over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk