View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
82 Pounder.. OMG!! Lets see some pics.

As for my lack of size.. well like they say size doesnt matter

Nah.. Its just me!! Just like Elk, those pesky 30#ers+ HATE ME!!!
I have seen days were guys release the 30+ on side of the boat and I cant get a whiff on my side... I think someone is saveing me up for a monster like your 82.

Even if you have posted pics of that pig, could you please post again.

Please tell me more about how you guys fish, I have never hit a river looking for Salmon. Take your own boat?

Thanks
Jamie
we go cheap lawnchairs beer no boat set up along the kalum or lower skeena we use the typical spinning glow setup tipped with roe. bottom bouncing works good too, fly fish for steely and sokeye as well. I always reccomend shore fishing in my books you catch way more then from a boat. No time wasting driving or noisy motors and the salmon run up the rivers is huge. the skeena holds the biggest fish . Kalum if you want the giants ive seen 100lb plus taken several times about 3km up from the bridge. Most of us that grew up there have never fished from a boat and always catch lots of big salmon. If you got the coin thats great but a guy can go there without all the extras and guaratee a great trip. Avoid the kitamat over fished and the fish are real spooky there and lots of hatchery fish boo. I have pics of the steelhead but cant figure out how to shrink it to fit on this site. Dont trust the guides there remember they make their only money off tourists there. If you have more questions pm me. Have an awsome trip i miss the eagles and bears and i can already hear FISH ON echoing of the mountains.